Sunday 30 December 2012

New Year's Resolutions



New year’s resolutions? I know, they’re sooooo last year. I remember when I signed up for my gym membership in January last year and I all I heard was ‘Oh, a NY'sR, is it?’. ‘No’, my answer was. ‘My old membership with a different gym finished after one and a half months of waiting for it and it’s just a coincidence, thank you very much (in a Fearne Cotton style)’. Do you even remember your NY'sR from last year? Dare I ask whether you actually followed it after 31st of January?

Well, I actually did have one and it made my life so much easier. It went like that: ‘If something needs to be done, do it. Do it now.’ But I started treating it as a great piece of advice to myself (and I rarely give myself any advice, not to mention the reasonable one). It wasn’t just a temporary silly rule that I would never follow. It worked like that: if I needed to book a ticket – I booked it the minute I thought of it. If I needed to make a trip to Boots to get cotton buds – I did it during my first lunch break coming. Simple.

Not only did it make my life easier but also kept me…. busy. I kind of became my own boss and servant at the same time. Beneficial for both sides! The boss stops moaning and the employee gets what she needs. You would probably say ‘how boring…’. After nearly six years of being a uni student and frequenting the late submission office on a regular basis I found out that being organised saves you a great deal of stress and drama. So, ladies and gentlemen, do yourselves a favour and try to fight your inner free-spirited mess lover.  

1 comment:

  1. I have never had any NY's resolutions because I believe good things happen by accident. However, I also believe that if there's something you don't like about yourself or your ways just change the behaviour instead of torturing yourself :) and thats where resulutions come in. I think i might watch Bridget Jones today... hugs

    ReplyDelete