Sunday 21 October 2012

The Little Black Jacket by Karl Lagerfeld


If you get a chance, get down to Saatchi Gallery before 28 October! That is the date when one of the best fashion exhibitions will be gone from London! I got a chance to visit it with my friends yesterday and I have to admit that it was more than I expected. It isn't just about the fact that the photographs were taken by Karl and styled by Carine. It is more than that. It is about different people, from different parts of the world, doing different things in their lives, growing up in different cultures but sharing one thing - the jacket. Both women and men! The LBJ also looks different in every picture. It is styled according to personality of the subject and I have to admit that it has made a huge impression on me. Seeing all these people sharing just one item in their wardrobe... Well, one has to note the fact that it is a legendary and iconic item as well... If it wasn't that crowded, I could easily sit there for a whole day and just stare at these photos. I found them inspirational, uplifting and motivating. Definitely a great way to spend your Saturday and a must-see for everyone with even a fracture of interest in fashion!











Pictures by me

No comments:

Post a Comment